Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Update

I have been out of action for a few weeks after a nasty towing accident that resulted in my broken neck and other relatively minor broken bones. A full recovery is expected but it will be a number of months. 

I have shipped all back orders, made enough extra prototypes to satisfy demand up to now, and there are still a few more left. With the clarity of thought from relaxing on my back for a while I have decided to continue making prototypes, albeit I will modify the design slightly to make them easier to manufacture at home. I investigated commercial manufacture but all options with quantities less than thousands would end up almost doubling the sale price. So, for now, expect some time in the next few months, a slightly updated prototype design and being able to order more prototypes. 

You can continue to order the current prototype on the website http://alistairdickie.com/blueflyvario

6 comments:

  1. Hi Al, I am sorry to read about your accident. I wish you a quick and full recovery and hope you can be up in the air again soon.

    Edgar

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alistair,
      I'am an assiduous follower of your blog from the beginning.
      I also wich you a full and quick recovery.
      BTW congratulation for your good Job
      regards

      antoine

      edit : first message deleted by mistake...

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your comments. I am on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you break? I broke my C1/C2 a few years back (not flying) and it was miserable. Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave, I broke my C2. After 10 weeks I am still in a halo brace. Little ability to move has given me lots of time to think about BlueFlyVario development.

    ReplyDelete