Monday 3 December 2012

Audio Updates

I just updated the audio aspects of the app, pushed the code to GitHub, and uploaded version 0.3b(4) to Google Play. Apart from a few little bug fixes the new things are:
  • Added preferences (in Setting|Vario|Audio) for:
    • Vario Audio Threshold - Above this value the vario starts beeping. The default is 0.2m/s
    • Vario Audio Cutoff - Below this value the vario stops beeping. The default is 0.05 m/s. This means that the vario continues to beep during the range 0.5 to 0.2 m/s. 
    • Sink Audio Threshold - Below this value the the sink Alarm sounds. The default is -2.0 m/s. The current sink alarm is a pleasant female English voice saying "Sink-Sink-Sink..." Should you not want to hear it set the sink alarm to something like -10. 
The sink alarm audio file is currently not user settable. I intend to do that at some stage. In the meantime I am seeking a better default sink alarm sound. I am not quite sure what the best sound is. Although I am sure there is something better than being told over and over again that you are in sink. If you have suggestions let me know.

I have not implemented it yet, but I do intend to change the speed of playback if the sink is greater (more sink = slower playback = lower pitch).